No one wants to be known as a "fly-over" city. St. Louis, nestled in the Midwest about three hundred miles from its more popular cousin, Chicago, has long had that unfortunate designation, along with a spot on lists such as "America's Saddest Cities" and "Most Dangerous U.S. Cities.
But there's the case to be made for "The Lou", as it's affectionately called, as America's most hidden gem.
Insight St. Louis gives you the tools to create the lifestyle of your choice and provides unique access to what really matters in one of America’s most liveable cities.
InSight St. Louis gets you up close and personal with decision makers in government, the private sector and cultural scene. Through a year long, unique regional immersion program you will gain access to the Mayor of St. Louis, County Executive and other elected officials, top business, civic and cultural leaders and other movers and shakers who make a difference in St. Louis.
If you want to get out and enjoy St. Louis, there’s a ton to do on any given day or night:
- St. Louis Black Repertory Theatre
- Fair St. Louis/Live on the Levee free summer concert series
- St. Louis Cardinals in the spring and summer
- Gateway Classic every fall
- St. Louis Blues Hockey in the winter
- Mardi Gras celebrations – 2nd largest in the United States
- Nightlife is always bustling in the hot spots around town – Downtown, Central West End and Clayton all boast a burgeoning restaurant, art and music scene
Create your own experience. Create meaningful connections. Create the lifestyle of your choice in St. Louis. Find an organization to bond with, volunteer your time or network with in St. Louis:
- Metropolis St. Louis (www.mstl.org)
- National Black MBA Association (www.stlmbaa.org)
- Professional Organization of Women (www.powinc.org)
- River City Professionals (www.rivercityprofessionals.org)
- Urban League Young Professionals
- St. Louis Business Journal (www.bizjournals.com/stlouis)
- St. Louis American (www.stlamerican.com)
- Forest Park (www.forestparkforever.org)
- Official St. Louis Visitors Guide (www.ExploreStLouis.com)
- Connect With (www.ConnectWithStL.com)